Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Don’t worry though. I only recommend products that I believe will help you on your journey.
- Money-Saving Tips
- Need To Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck?
- 7 Ways To Save On Everyday Stuff
- How To Start Creating Wealth Now
- How You Can Start Saving Money In Seconds
- Common Mistake When It Comes To Money
- Simple Solution To Start Paying Off Debt
- Easy Ideas For Free Family Fun
- How To Generate Wealth Even If You’re Broke
- QUIZ – What Animal Do Your Money Habits Mimic?
How To Achieve A Goal Starting Today
Have you wondered what happens when you set a goal?
Most of the time the universe tries to stop you.
I had this happen to me last fall. I had a business partner over and throughout the day working on a game plan to hit some major goals that we set that would set up my family to where I wanted to be financially. The next morning my husband was due to come back home. He is a truck driver and was running over the road (out of state) runs at the time. He had been ill over the last several days but I figured it was a stomach bug that just needed time. I knew he was dehydrated so since he hadn’t been able to drink water and ER trip was in our future but what I planned was only a couple hour ordeal, get him some fluids and we’d be good to go.
What ended up happening was that my husband’s boss called that his partner was concerned about him. I was already on my way to pick him up. When I got there he was semi-conscious, wasn’t able to sit up or get out of the truck. I called 911 and he was transported via ambulance to the hospital. He was admitted to the ICU where he spent 11 days and then another 9 inpatient. He was out of work for over 3 months, with countless appointments between my husband and my son it made things incredibly difficult. I was unable to rise above that and hit those goals I set by the deadline that I had set.
This doesn’t mean that every time you set a goal a disaster of that magnitude will strike. However, you should be prepared for resistance.
Take courage in knowing that you are making progress by even setting a goal far too many people are satisfied with just coasting through life, that is not a recipe for success in anything.
If you are looking to take your goal setting to another level then I would challenge you to complete these things
- Put a date, a deadline for your goal – make it reasonable though close enough to challenge yourself but not so close that it’s unattainable
- Tell someone! Your spouse, a friend, your kids – you’ll increase your accountability
- Write it down – this one should have been first. Statistically, you’re 90% more likely to achieve a goal when you write it down
- Get specific – make sure that you don’t allow yourself to not be accountable by vagueness. Specifically, state what you want to accomplish! Ex. I want to lose 10 lbs instead of I want to lose weight.
- Make a game plan – How will you get to this goal? Break it down into bite-sized pieces
Now stick with it! Half of success is just showing up, consistently over time. So don’t give up, and keep working towards your goals
YOUR ACTION STEP FOR TODAY – Set a goal in an area of life that you want to see improvement in! I would love for you to connect with me on social media. I want to hear what you are working on and if this has helped you.
Join the Conversation and Stay Connected – leave a comment below
If you found value in this content please share – the icons should be on the left and directly below!