Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Don’t worry though. I only recommend products that I believe will help you on your journey.
- Money-Saving Tips
- Need To Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck?
- 7 Ways To Save On Everyday Stuff
- How To Start Creating Wealth Now
- How You Can Start Saving Money In Seconds
- Common Mistake When It Comes To Money
- Simple Solution To Start Paying Off Debt
- Easy Ideas For Free Family Fun
- How To Generate Wealth Even If You’re Broke
- QUIZ – What Animal Do Your Money Habits Mimic?
How To Find Your Victories
Don’t Forget To Celebrate
You’re on your journey, you’re staying on track. Keeping your nose to the grindstone so to speak. If you stay this way for too long, you’ll get burned out. So, what do you do? You can’t risk getting burned out.
One of the keys to overcoming this overwhelming feeling of burn out is to learn to celebrate the small victories. My boy’s favorite movie right now is Incredibles 2. There is this scene where Elastigirl has had a victory and she’s discounting it because she didn’t accomplish her end goal. She is reminded that she needs to stop and smell the flowers when they bloom. Watching this scene made me realize that all too often we don’t take time to appreciate the flowers blooming. 🌺 🌹 🌺
Find a small victory that you can count and celebrate every single day. My personal goal is to find 5 each day. I share mine with an accountability partner, but you need to find someone to share these wins with.
Focusing on what you accomplished – your wins – will help attract positive energy to you.
I’m betting you get the point by now that we need to celebrate what we are accomplishing so let’s focus on how to celebrate.
- Share with an accountability partner or spouse or someone. Like I mentioned already – Talking about it helps you to get excited and focus on those positive things.
- Record them in your journal – keynote here – you should be journaling. Digital or Paper it doesn’t really matter. The important part is to have a spot where you record your thoughts each day and then add your wins to the end of every day.
- Change your perspective – Having trouble coming up with wins? Change how you are viewing your situation. Put yourself in someone else’s shoes. What would be a win to the person who had no clue how to do what you do? You’ll be surprised by what you accomplish.
Some final tips for you to make sure you are successful in your endeavor to keep your mindset and focus towards achieving your dreams.
- Set goals – it’s easier to track your wins when you are accomplishing your goals – those are your wins… Side note – if you are setting big goals, break them down into small bite size objectives.
- There is no such thing as a dumb win – As a work from home Mom to 3 littles getting to take a shower has made my win list. We all have those days where nothing went the way we envisioned. Find something to celebrate even if it seems trivial looking back on it. At that moment it was a win.
- Don’t be afraid to take a break – even God took a day of rest when he was creating the Earth. We can get in the zone and continue to push ourselves into the ground. Take your break, relax – you’ll find that you come back 10x refreshed and recharged afterward. That relaxing break can be your win as well. Acknowledging what you need is definitely a win!
Last final warning – don’t take this to an extreme. I don’t want you to get so caught up in your celebrating your wins and your break that you quit progressing. You should be doing things that challenge you regularly – pushing forward – keep attacking – the important stuff that pushes you closer to your dreams, not the comfortable administrative stuff that so many of us allow ourselves to get caught up in.
YOUR ACTION STEP FOR TODAY – Find your wins and start implementing today, then I would love for you to connect with me on social media. I want to hear what you are working on and if this has helped you. You can also head over to the Resources tab to check out some of my favorite personal development books!
Join the Conversation and Stay Connected – leave a comment below
If you found value in this content, please share – the icons should be on the left and directly below!
Leave a Reply