Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Don’t worry though. I only recommend products that I believe will help you on your journey.
- Money-Saving Tips
- Need To Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck?
- 7 Ways To Save On Everyday Stuff
- How To Start Creating Wealth Now
- How You Can Start Saving Money In Seconds
- Common Mistake When It Comes To Money
- Simple Solution To Start Paying Off Debt
- Easy Ideas For Free Family Fun
- How To Generate Wealth Even If You’re Broke
- QUIZ – What Animal Do Your Money Habits Mimic?
Want To Buy Gifts That Will Be A Hit?
Are you wanting to buy gifts for your kids or someone else’s kids that don’t get tossed aside or broken in the first couple weeks? 🎁 What about for yourself or your significant other or other loved ones? How often do we receive gifts that just get stored somewhere, sold or donated? 🎁
Let’s start with gift giving for kids here are my top pointers for getting gifts that will be a hit.
- Ask The Parents – I know that my child can tell you he wants certain things but I know him and I have watched him play for years. I can give some pointers on what he would like.
- The Gift That Keeps On Giving – A Subscription – Find out what they want to be when they grow up or what they enjoy about school. My son wants to be a scientist, so a science box subscription would be great. There are tons of companies out there that makes all sort of subscriptions but art and science (STEM) boxes are the most popular. This gift is really cool because it is stretched out over 6 months to a year depending on your budget.
- Experiences – Probably the best type of gift of all. Sure, the kids love opening up presents but the thing that my son talks about from all his birthdays and Christmas last year is the experience that he go to do. You create memories which are far more valuable than any new fad that is out there.
Need some ideas for experiences? Check these out!
- Trip and/or passes to the local zoo 🦏
- Camping trip 🏕️
- Vacation to the beach 🏖️
- Trip and/or passes to the aquarium 🐠
- Swimming Lessons 🏊
- Indoor Water Park Tickets
- Museum Tickets
- Shows (Wild Kratts LIVE, PJ Masks)
- Theatre Tickets 🎭
- Animal Encounter Experience (could be at the zoo or another animal park)
- Train Ride Day (Ride from one end to the other, have lunch somewhere then go home) 🚆
- Factory Tour
- Botanical Gardens
- Lego Land
- Movie Passes 🎫
- Day on the Lake 🚤
Now for the adults in your life. If you know them really really well or if they have told you what they want, then buy them that. If you make specific suggestions, that is NOT asking them what they want. You’re pushing on them what you want them to have. Otherwise, give them a gift card. Seriously, everyone loves getting gift cards. They can go buy what they actually want. Probably something they weren’t going to spend money on for themselves unless they got the gift card you gave them. If you are against a gift card and want to give a physical gift you can make a gift basket. Depending on what they are into there are several options.
- Wine 🍷
- Movie bucket (for watching at home or a movie theatre) 🎥
- Date night
- Spa day
- Fishing/Hunting 🐟
If you still really want to just get a typical physical gift. The only way to ensure that your gift is still useful and loved is to include a gift receipt. 🎁
YOUR ACTION STEP FOR TODAY – Choose one gift idea and plan to implement this season, then I would love for you to connect with me on social media. I want to hear what you are working on and what ideas you got from this.
Join the Conversation and Stay Connected – leave a comment below
If you found value in this content, please share – the icons should be on the left and directly below!