Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. Meaning at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Don’t worry though. I only recommend products that I believe will help you on your journey.
- Money-Saving Tips
- Need To Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck?
- 7 Ways To Save On Everyday Stuff
- How To Start Creating Wealth Now
- How You Can Start Saving Money In Seconds
- Common Mistake When It Comes To Money
- Simple Solution To Start Paying Off Debt
- Easy Ideas For Free Family Fun
- How To Generate Wealth Even If You’re Broke
- QUIZ – What Animal Do Your Money Habits Mimic?
What Is The Biggest Key To Mastery?
I got a reminder again today about what the most important thing is to be successful in almost any endeavor.
You’ve got to show up…
You must be there, you must be consistent. This applies to almost anything. You’re so much closer to success if you can create a habit of working consistently. Most people quit just before they strike ‘gold’!
There are so many things being thrown at us by the media about how we deserve things and the advertising industry paints a picture that everything should feel like butterflies and rainbows. However, that is not reality.
Reality is more often than not on the route to success you aren’t going to enjoy it, you won’t love it. That is why you have to focus on the WHY behind whatever you are doing. Majority of our nation gets up 5 days a week and forces themselves to go to work. Why? Because they need the money. To keep your job you have to show up consistently. This principle that is taught to us from a very early age (think school – attendance wasn’t optional in public school or private school. Homeschoolers never get to leave the classroom). Why is that we teach our children to do what is necessary there to pursue their dreams but allow ourselves to be stuck in a job that over 75% say they don’t like.
If you were able to develop that discipline to be consistent. You could accomplish almost anything you want. You could make a career change or just get rid of your job altogether if you feel called to other things.
So, the question becomes… What do you do to make sure that you stick?
- Get an accountability partner – Now somehow accountability is looked upon as a bad thing. It’s not, it’s a significant piece to the puzzle. Your accountability partner can be your mentor, but it doesn’t have to be.
- Write it down – You are 90% more likely to achieve something if you write it down.
- Reward yourself – This isn’t easy work. Most people won’t do it. When you do prove consistency for 30 days, give yourself a reward! Be proportionate though, don’t go buy a Lamborghini because you got up and exercised 30 days in a row or something.
- Find a support group – This is different than an accountability partner, this is a group of people that you can turn to when things get tough. Because we know that they will get tough. It’s a matter of how you will respond. This support group can help you remember the goal when you want to quit or give up. The support group could be online or in person – at least one of each would probably be most beneficial.
My final suggestion would be to start small. Implement 1-2 new things at a time, once you’ve added those as habits into your routines and schedule. Then you can add something else new. I can be very guilty of trying to implement and change to many things at once. So, I can tell you if you try to do too much you will be overwhelmed. But, just remember… YOU CAN DO IT! I believe in you.
YOUR ACTION STEP FOR TODAY – Pick one thing to start working on becoming consistent in, then I would love for you to connect with me on social media! Let me know what you are going to start working on.